Some WARTSILA Marine Engine Product Manuals PDF above the page.
Wärtsilä was established in 1834 as a sawmill on the river bank in Tohmajarvi.
In 1907 a new company was launched under the name Ab Wartsila Oy.
1935 - Wärtsilä acquires shipyards in Helsinki and Turku, the company office moves to Helsinki.
1938 - The era of diesel engines begins, when Wärtsilä signed a licensing agreement with Friedrich Krupp Germania and in 1942 the first engine was produced at the Turku plant.
1959 - the first diesel engine.
1955 - 1980 Wärtsilä produces licensed Nohab Polar KE and Zulzer diesel engines designed and built by Wärtsilä.
2012 - Wärtsilä acquires Hamworthy, which has specialized in the production of equipment for