Some TOHATSU Outboard Motor Owner's & Service Manuals PDF are above the page.
The history of Tohatsu Corporation begins in 1922, when in Tokyo, Masuzo Takata, founded the Takata Motor Research Institute).
In 1923, after the earthquake, the company moved to the Hong Kong suburb of Tokyo and manufactured engines for irrigation pumps as part of government orders.
In 1925, the company was renamed Takata Motor Enterprise and in 1927 production of the MF-70A motorcycle tire began for the Ministry of Railway Transport of Japan.
The company is expanding, reorganizing and twice renamed. Generators for military and civilian radio stations are produced.
In addition to Brunswick, Tohatsu enters into an agreement with Nissan Motor Corp. at OEM production of Nissan outboard motors.
By partnering with such companies, Tohatsu’s outboard engine business has grown significantly.
Strict environmental requirements led the company in 1998 to manufacture four-stroke outboard motors and fire pumps, and in 2000 to two-stroke with TLDI technology (Two Stroke, Low Pressure, Direct Injection - two-stroke with direct fuel injection) based on an agreement signed in 1998 with Orbital Corp. direct injection technology patent holder